Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's True



This morning I finished reading the Book of Mormon again. I love it. I know that it is the word of God. When I read it I feel God's love for His children. I feel close to Him. I'm always amazed that no matter how many times I read from its pages, I can always learn something new and be inspired.

An integral part of study the scriptures for me is writing in my journal at the same time. Many times I feel that the things I write don't come from my brain, but the Spirit bypasses my brain and what comes out of my pen are the words and thoughts that I need. I like to store my journals this way:



Each year's journals are tied together with a ribbon

And I love starting a new journal each year!

2 comments:

Gram said...

Great thoughts Janet. I too finished the Book of Mormon on Tuesday and was glad that I had pursued the effort again this year. I need to learn to do the part of writing in the journal. That doesn't come easy for me but I know it would be of worth. Your journals will certainly be of worth to your children.

laura said...

Thanks for bearing your testimony, Mom. You are a great example to me.