Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Skiing

Today was a beautiful skiing day:






I thought this was a cool picture of my shadow

This is Kathy on her favorite stretch of trail, Dylan's Way.


Here is Kathy, my skiing buddy - the one who today convinced me to go down a "black" (most difficult, read: STEEP) hill which ended in my "faceplant"crash. (Seriously, my skis and poles going all directions and my face firmly in the snow!) She was quite amused and we were wishing for a video of the crash. Fortunately, no permanent damage. In fact, I have fallen down the last three times I skied - before which I hadn't fallen since the first time I skied in December 2006! Our motto is "remain vertical at all times!" But, strangely, I'm somehow pleased that this 51-year-old chubby gal can fall and still get up and keep skiing!

(I feel the need to justify my skiing by saying that Monday I cleaned the storage room - after taking down the Christmas decorations in the basement - too soon perhaps?! And Tuesday I went to the temple, visited elderly people in my ward and gave blood. And before skiing today I did two loads of laundry and worked on organizing iphoto on my computer - an ongoing task. I'm really not just a ski bum, I just like to blog about it)

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad you have a passion for something Mom! No justification needed . . . after 30 years of raising kids, you deserve to do whatever you want with your free time! Love ya!

Barbara Jackson said...

Maybe you should slow down on the rest of the to do list, you make the rest of us look bad!!!!

Kim said...

You have inspired me! I'm taking John cross-country skiing for his birthday on friday. We're doing the Alpine loop. Is that where you were? It kind of looked like it. I think my goal will be to "stay vertical at all times" too. That's funny because I know it's not possible, but this 28 year old chubby gal will get up and keep skiing too!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Gram said...

It positively looks great to see those pictures. I am happy you can go out and enjoy it. Sorry about the face plant but grateful nothing was injured other than your pride. Have a good time tomorrow and next week. You deserve to get away. Wish I had the health and ability to be out there with you. I'd love it so enjoy for me too.

Gram said...

It positively looks great to see those pictures. I am happy you can go out and enjoy it. Sorry about the face plant but grateful nothing was injured other than your pride. Have a good time tomorrow and next week. You deserve to get away. Wish I had the health and ability to be out there with you. I'd love it so enjoy for me too.