Sunday, February 22, 2009

YM X-Ski Trip

I got to go on the YM cross-country skiing trip, since the Bishop wanted me to come along. The Bishop, (my dear husband) whose self-proclaimed Indian name is: Sits in Lodge doesn't enjoy the out of doors much, but he gave an beautiful devotional Saturday morning teaching the boys about the purposes of the Aaronic Priesthood, focusing on being converted to the gospel and treating women, especially their mothers with respect. He also shared a couple of amusing stories from his youth illustrating the "triumph" and "humiliation" of the teenage years.

We had a lovely time at the Bringhurst's cabin near Camp Shalom and I loved being able to ski there with Michael.



I was so excited when I looked around and recognized where I was: on the North Ridge trail of Camp Shalom! This is the view of the Seven Peaks of Utah County off in the distance.



This is the aspen grove at the top of Joe's Trail and you can see Lone Pine in the distance around the ridge.


The leaders planned a fun activity where the boys had to use a GPS and Avalanche Beacon to ski to a buried bag of candy bars. This is our group finding their buried treasure.


Michael and Brother Randy Heward taking a rest before heading down to the parking lot


All the YM sans shirts after a long ski down the mountain


Michael and me at the end of the trail

1 comments:

jenny said...

It's beautiful! Looks like fun:)