Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Painting Finished!

Well, at least downstairs. I'm planning to touch-up paint my woodwork and windowsills upstairs - but that is for another day. Today I am celebrating two finished rooms downstairs!


This is Todd's new room. It was painted yellow (a mistake on my part) and had a black sheet hanging over the curtains for my boys who have worked nights. But now it has a fresh coat of tan paint and brown suede light-blocking curtains and brown/tan bedding.

Now on to my masterpiece.

I say that because this room makes me SO happy. It is Jenny's old room; I painted the pink walls blue and touched up the white. It's called the "Nanna-Gram" room because it is the home for treasures from both our mothers.

Warning: There are a lot of pictures and explanations because I want this to be a record of these family treasures.



The beautiful oak bedroom set belonged to my Mom and Dad and they gave it to us when they got their king-sized bed. I remember helping them pick it out when they first moved to Utah 20 years ago.



The antique sewing machine came from one of Gloria's aunts and Rusty refinished it beautifully.


The teacups on the shelf over the bed are handpainted, each one different. They were in Nanna's china closet. The quilt pieces were embroidered by Nanna's Mom, Luella Sherwood Gear and then Nanna had them made into a quilt. The yellow/blue floral pillow is my own treasure. I bought it at a Laura Ashley store in London on my first trip there.


I just love floor-length priscilla curtains! The quilts on the quilt stand came from Nanna's house, but I'm not sure who made them. They are beautifully pieced. The teddy bears are gifts to me from good friends of mine, the left one from Pat Camberlango and the right one from Heather Clark and Marci Dickerson. The hanger on the picket fence shelf will have the blue and white floral dress hanging on it that I bought my granddaughters. There's a picture of Abby in it on the shelf and I need to get a picture framed of Sophie in it.




I love this wall! The left is a cross-stitch I did of the "I'm rocking my baby" poem. On the right are two pictures from Nanna's house. The top one is a beautiful landscape and it says Mount Timpanogos and American Fork Bank on it. The bottom one is a precious picture of a new mother and father.


I now have two guest rooms all ready for the Buchanans visit in just two weeks!

8 comments:

jenny said...

Wow that room looks beautiful! Good job Mom! Farewell to the bright pink. This room looks a tad more classy;) I love it.

laura said...

I can't wait to stay in that sentimental room and feel of the love that's in all those treasures.

Thanks for beautifying your home and making it a wonderful place for guests to stay and feel welcome.

Love you!

Richard B said...

Excellent job daughter. Glad you were able to complete your task, as you always do and with vim and vigor.
It really looks great. Maybe we can come stay a night.

Karrissa Winward said...

Looks wonderful! Totally you!

Devri said...

That is a beautiful room! What a wonderful idea. I would stand in there for the longest time just studying each beautiful piece you have. Great job!

Shari said...

It is a work of art. I would want to just go in and sit and look. You have been a given a gift and you use it in the happiest way! Congratulations! Your blue bedroom is a work of art.

Gram said...

I have to agree with Shari. Your bedroom is beautiful and it makes me feel happy just to look at the photos.I guess that could be because I have always loved blue and white as well. You do have a wonderful gift and use it so well to not only beautify your home but others as well.

I do miss my bedroom set but we did need a king size bed so I guess I can't feel too bad as it is happily ensconced in your lovely bedroom.

Laura H said...

It's gorgeous. Can I come stay in it? It's beautiful and you. I agree with Laura, I can tell it just "feels" full of love.