Monday, March 16, 2009

Speaking of Sunday Dinners

I was recounting to my dear friend Shari this morning my amazement at the sheer number of woman-hours required to provide a nice Sunday dinner for my family:

Several hours cleaning the house on Friday (which I really would have had to do anyway)

Several hours on Saturday shopping for food and preparing the house with tables and chairs, etc.

Several hours on Sunday actually preparing food

Several hours Monday morning cleaning up and putting everything back in its place.

Now I really was not complaining, just commenting!

Shari asked me: "Is there anything you'd rather be doing?"

What a great question!

Because the answer is this: A Resounding NO!

There is nothing I would rather be doing than bringing my family together for a delicious meal.

I'm thankful that have so much family close by and we can get together often

I'm thankful that because of My Dear Husband's efforts we have a lovely home to host the dinner in and the funds to provide the food

I'm thankful for the health and ability to prepare a meal and enjoy it with the ones I love most.

4 comments:

jenny said...

you are always so generous to have us all over for dinner on sunday's. we always appreciate all of your hard work.

Ryan said...

It is fun getting together with the family on Sunday for dinner. Thanks for all your hard work and time spent, it is always delicious!

Keith Parsons said...

Missing Sunday Family Dinners is one of the things I regret most out of my traveling schedule.

I always enjoy the company and family atmosphere.

It is a 'pain' - but one that is worth it eh?

Gram said...

We do appreciate all you effort on Sunday dinners. Only those who have done the cooking know how much work it is but it is so nice to be able to visit with everyone and even Keith misses them when he isn't here. That says something.