Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today



Today I got to spend some time with these two while their parents went to a wedding. Here are just a few of the delightful things they said:

For quite a long time they were both entertained by combing my hair and putting make-up on me.

Ayden: "Nana, we need to put some make-up on you so Papa will like you."

I took Ayden to school at 11 am, but when I told him we needed to get ready to go he said: "But I don't want to go to school today, I want to stay and play with you, Nana."

While Ayden was at school Sophie and I went to Target. She insisted on having a new "litstick" (I wish I could write it so you would know how darling it is when she says it!) We got a "lip smackers" chapstick with three so she could give the purple one to me, the orange one to her "brudder, Ayden" and keep the pink one for herself.

We shared a cheese pizza at a table in Target and she asked for the fourth or fifth time if we were going to "Nana's house." When I said "no, not today," she said knowingly, "cause it's far far away." I asked if she liked my house and she said, "your house is SO beautiful, Nana!" "Thanks, Sophie, what do you like best at my house?" "Your toy room!"

See, all those fisher~price.com online shopping trips ~ all worth it!

Sophie explained to me that: "My Daddy is Logan and my Mommy is Mary and my brudder is Ayden and that is all my famwily."

We also spent a considerable amount of time playing:

"Nana, you're the baby and I'm the Mommy."

Sophie is a very kind and gentle Mommy, and she says "thank you" and "you're welcome" spontaneously whenever it's appropriate. That's how I know she has wonderful parents!

3 comments:

Richard B said...

What a fun time to be with Ayden and Sophie. They tell it like it is! Glad you had a fun time babysitting.

Gram said...

I am envious that you are able to spend sweet times like that with your young grandchildren alone. What a fun day and yes, the online shopping is worth that comment. Sophie and Ayden are sweet children and I've noticed how polite they are when you give them things or do something for them.

Mary said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun with them! I'm so lucky to have you! And they truly would do anything to get to see Nana . . . that says how great you are!