Saturday, May 9, 2009

May

A while ago Kim did a post ranking the months in order of preference. I didn't seriously think about my favorite months, but today I woke up and thought:

I like May!

It's sunny and warm ~ actually the perfect 70ish degrees. It's green and the bulb flowers are blooming. It's a happy month. It's a hopeful month full of the anticipation of summer, but without the heat. Working in the yard seems like a treat after the long winter, not the chore it will become. The school year is winding down which feels good to both students and their mothers alike.

Hurray for May!


3 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the shout out! I like May too. It's near the top of my list.

Gram said...

I loved this post. I need to get out of this recliner an enjoy the month of May in all it's glory, since I don't like HOT weather.

Richard B said...

I agree with your comments regarding May. May is a good month. It has Mother's Day and Memorial Day. The weather is nice, things are turning green and people have Spring fever.