Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mom and a Recipe

Unfortunately, my Mom tripped and fell on Monday night; thankfully nothing was broken. But she has been down this week, so I got to "be her" at the annual Seville Branch Mother's Day Luncheon on Friday. I made the salad my Mom was assigned to make and I helped to serve at the luncheon. One of the blessings was getting this yummy recipe:

Chicken and Pasta Fruit Salad

1 (10 oz ) pkg colorful spiral pasta
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks ~ drain and save juice

1 cup red seedless grapes

2 Granny Smith apples, cut in bite-size pieces and soaked in pineapple juice
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup slivered almonds or chopped cashews

3-4 chicken breasts cooked and chopped OR 1 (14.4 oz) cans of chicken

Dressing:
1 bottle Kraft coleslaw dressing plus 1 cup mayonnaise
Mix all ingredients together and serve ~ delicious!

I'm sad for Mom and her sore knee and shoulder. I just want to say that I love her and she's a wonderful mother. Always loving and giving. She continues to set a good example for me. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!



1 comments:

Gram said...

Thank you for the nice post and especially for being "me" this week. You were loved by the leaders I work with. Your help while I was down was very much appreciated!

Thank you for the great Mother's Day gifts. They were very much loved.