Thursday, May 28, 2009

Star Trek



I just got home from the new Star Trek movie.


I hated it!

It was beyond disappointing. I have been a "trekkie" for most of my life. I had a serious crush on James T. Kirk back when I was in junior high and watched reruns after school. Then I really fell in love with the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I believe that Gene Roddenberry is "rolling over in his grave" ~ which is actually in space; that's where is ashes were "buried." His vision of the future was about discovery and learning and being better humans than we'd every been before.

They totally "star wars-ed" the movie. It was not Star Trek. Seriously - a bar with aliens?! And it was so incredibly violent that I watched much of it through my fingers. I was offended by the violence and by the complete turning away from the original purpose and feeling behind Star Trek.

So disappointing . . .





3 comments:

Gram said...

Well I was glad to read that post. I'll drop that movie from my list to see. I love the original Star Trek's also.

Thanks for helping our today. It was great to have that done.

jenny said...

Sorry it was a disappointment.What a bummer!

Gram said...

We saw it last night. It was okay, but why are all the movies so violent?