Monday, May 11, 2009

Tolerations

Tolerations:

"Subtle energy drains and time suckers, the things you tolerate on a daily basis. They are typically relatively minor inconveniences, like a blown light bulb you keep forgetting to change. However, the time and energy you spend in tolerating these things builds up, slowing draining you and limiting your effectiveness and overall happiness."

Today I got rid of a few tolerations in my life and it felt good:

I changed the light bulbs in my refrigerator (we've had a dark fridge for some months now; I actually did it on Friday)

I got my brakes checked and made an appointment to get new ones

I made a follow-up appointment for the bifocal contacts I got in February that I've not been completely happy with

I got new portable phones to replace the ones we had that were bugging everyone because they didn't work

I cleaned out my car from Annie and her dirty paws after our canal road walks, and put a towel in the back for her to lay on (did this on Friday, too)

I got a new watch battery here and got links taken out of my band (it's been bugging me for months that my watch was too loose)

I figured out how to get my cutco knives sharpened

I fixed my iphone and computer so that MobileMe actually syncs everything it's supposed to

I made a list of all my logins and passwords that I use on my computer (and usually forget when I need them) and changed some to make life easier

I got Annie groomed and she looks so pretty


She has little pink bows over both ears and looks so clean and fluffy!

What tolerations are you living with?

Now if I could just get iphoto organized and my scrapbooking caught up and lose 30 lbs . . . .

2 comments:

Richard B said...

I might suggest that you don't keep your login/passwords as a document on your computer. When an employee for Keith worked on my computer he found my login document and used it to make the corrections to my computer. He needed the login/PW's to make the corrections. Since then I've updated my login/PW's list and deleted the document off the computer. I hope that is sufficient. Just a thought!
Glad that you were able to eliminate some "Tolerations." Talking about them does makes it feel so much better.

Gram said...

You were busy and got so much accomplished. Oh, to have the energy and health you still have. Annie looks beautiful!