Friday, June 19, 2009

A Good Week

It's been a busy and good week:

MONDAY: Jenny and I went to Layton and tended to Ayden and Sophie while Mary was working at the dress rehearsal for her studio's concert. We had fun together. Then we took Ayden and Sophie in their costumes to their dress rehearsal and got to see them perform.


Ayden and Sophie posing with the Old Navy model

Sophie in her mermaid costume. I didn't get a picture of Ayden in his doctor costume, hopefully Mary will have one on her blog.

TUESDAY: I went to the temple in three sisters (two of whom were 90 and 80) from our ward in the morning and had lunch at the temple. I visited two homebound members of our ward.

WEDNESDAY: I help my Mom, took her to physical therapy and for lunch and some errands and did her ironing.

THURSDAY: I got my hair done, yeah! And did some Father's Day shopping.

In spite of my busy week, I walked for an hour every morning and one morning I saw this:


A bit of a rainbow peeking out of the clouds


I was really happy one morning to see a bird eating the bird seed I put in my birdfeeder in the backyard.


FRIDAY: I went on an awesome hike! (As a bonus, when I got my hiking boots out and put them on I realized that my $300 orthotics were in them. I've been looking for them for months ~ yeah!) Heather, Kathy and I drove up American Fork Canyon to Silver Lake Flats and then hiked to upper Silver Lake. It's only a four mile hike in distance, but with the 1000+ vertical feet, it took us three hours. The views were beautiful. I love a good hike! It's so amazing that I can be out in this kind of natural beauty in less than 30 minutes from home.


Timpanogos from Silver Lake


I thought the rock colors were so pretty on the trail


Annie loves a good hike!


Just gorgeous!


We were above 9000 feet at the upper lake


Upper Silver Lake


I understand that Alta ski resort is on the other side of this mountain.


We did it!


We crossed this stream on these logs - twice!



I found myself singing "Oh, How Lovely Was the Morning"
This area reminded us of Palmyra and the Sacred Grove

Oh, how lovely was the morning
Radiant beamed the sun above
Bees were humming
Sweet birds singing
Music ringing through the grove

It is, indeed, all good!

4 comments:

Gram said...

You had a great week!! The hike photos looks gorgeous and I am so happy you can still do these things with your good friends.

As a teen, hiking, bike riding with my friends was one of my favorite things to do and I am so sad that part of my life is over.

You did more than your share of helping others this week. Thanks so much for letting me be on your assistance list.

Barbara Jackson said...

Ned and I LOVE to hike to Upper Silver Lake. We take a lunch and just enjoy!!!

Laura H said...

What great pictures. Wish I could have gone with you. I could probably do it now. I've had two weeks of "boot camp" exercise class at the gym Chase does gymnastics at. I'm loving it.

jenny said...

Those kids were darling!