Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What I've Been Up To and Thanks, Shari

As I mentioned, I've been working on cleaning out all the closets, drawers and cupboards this month. It's a slow process (especially for an older lady with a 4-week old cold/cough) But I'm pretty much done with the cleaning out and moving on to painting my office. (Which job I am procratinating by posting on my blog)

My friend, Shari, stopped by last week and I forced her to check out the changes in my bedroom. They are subtle changes ~ I took out all "beach-related" decor (moving it to my new Coronado Beach-themed office) and moved a few things from the the old Star Room to the bedroom.

Shari came back a few hours later with a gift: 7 yards of beautiful blue toile fabric! I decided to make a duvet cover for a twin down comforter I already had and some pillows for my bed. I just love it! Now I have a lovely throw for naptime on my bed.



Speaking of naptime, my friend Lynette, who is spending three months in Spain with her family, commented on her blog:

"I love the siesta. It's like you not only have permission to take a nap everyday, but you are encouraged to do so."

How can we get the siesta concept going in our culture?

Here are some more pictures of my newly cleaned out and decorated bedroom, bathroom and the exercise/play room that I improved with some furniture rearrangement.





(I should have turned the TV off ~ just focus on the decorations)




5 comments:

laura said...

Yay! You're posting. I love it, Mom. Can't wait to be in your inviting, comfortable, beautiful home.

This cold is a doosy, huh!?

Richard said...

You're amazing with your self-imposed improvements and projects.

Love, Rich

jenny said...

Looks great Mom! You've been working hard even though you don't feel well. You're a trooper! Let me know if I can help. And you need to go to the dr again.

Richard B said...

Way to go daughter! I like Rich's comment, "self-imposed". That's what we types do. Keep on keeping!

Gram said...

Yes, you and Dad are both "self-imposed" project planners. It looks great!! I love all the things you've done. You have a lovely, beautiful home and it is nice to be there.

What a friend Shari is. The toile is beautiful and I love the duvet cover and pillow covers.