Sunday, November 1, 2009

Formula for Happiness

Last week in Institute we discussed 2 Nephi 5. It's stayed with me and been on my mind. This chapter is the Formula for Happiness.

v. 5 Nephi is warned by God to depart from the Lamanites and flee into the wilderness.


1. Sometimes, you just have to leave a bad situation


v. 10 The Nephites kept the commandments of the Lord in all things.

2. Be obedient to God


v. 12 They brought the record on the brass plates and the Liahona.

3. Treasure and use the scriptures in your life

v. 11, 15,17 They sowed seed and reaped abundantly; they raised flocks and herds and animals of every kind; they built buildings and worked in woods and metals; they were industrious and labored with their hands.

4. Work hard

v. 16 They built a temple, not as wondrous as Solomon's, but they built did their best.

5. Build and value temples

v 26 They consecrated priests and teacher over the people.

6. We are blessed to have and follow Church leaders

THEN

v.27 "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness."

I believe it!

It's all good

3 comments:

Gram said...

Excellent comments. In fact, I printed it off because I thought it was so good.

Jill Parsons said...

What day is institute on? I always want to go but it seems like I am at work when it is held. Thanks for the thought!

jenny said...

Thanks for that, Mom. It really reminded me of the things I could be doing better to increase my happiness. You're the best and I really am so grateful for your ongoing example. You are such a great mother and friend to me.