Monday, November 9, 2009

St George Girls' Trip

I got to have 3 days "off duty" with my friends, Heather, Marci and Carla. I am SO lucky! I didn't take many pictures but we had a lovely time together:

4 mile walks everyday
soaking up the sun by the pool
a movie
(The Box ~ based on a short story by Richard Matheson ~ how weird is that? but the movie was a little too sci-fi and not a hopeful ending, so I wouldn't recommend it)
eating out every evening
lots of talking and laughing and a little crying
some shopping
using my iphone to google "why is the ocean salty?"
(inquiring minds want to know)
and some craftiness:


We spent an evening beading while watching the "Glenn Beck Conversion Story" It was funny and inspiring.



Marci is helping her mom with a DUP luncheon this week, so we helped her color and make these little nut cups. Carla quoted Elder Uchtdorf while we were coloring ~ being so creative and all!


We joked about going "clubbing." My dad called me and reported to the family that it was so noisy we must have been in a strip club ~ a joke. But seriously, I love these girls because they are my sisters in the gospel. The gospel is such a part of our lives that it is in every conversation. How grateful I am for good friends who share a testimony of God's love and plan of happiness for all His children.

On the way home we listened to this:


I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Mary said...

How cute are you guys! I'm so glad you have good friends to spend time with, Mom. Good friends are important.

jenny said...

What a FUN trip. You deserve it:)

Gram said...

Your craft for DUP was really cute. I have3 a friend who keeps wanting me to join DUP but I don't have room or the energy to host a dinner party in my home anymore so I keep putting her off.