Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January Cleaning Finished in February

I finally got myself into the storage room and got Christmas put away.

Before:




After:


Hurray for a clean storage room. If only the stuff inside wouldn't move around when the door is closed :) There really is more stuff in here than anyone needs. If I ever have to move from here I probably wouldn't move most of this stuff. But since I have space and it's fairly organized I'll keep it. I did discover in this process that I'm short on cases of green beans in my food storage.

I realized that there was no mirror in the Teddy Bear room. The one that matches that bedroom set hangs over a dressing table that doesn't fit in the room when the crib is up. I rearranged two walls in the Teddy Bear room and hung the mirror.




I really do love taking care of my home and making it functional and beautiful.
Edgar Guest said it best:

Write it down, when I have perished:
Here is everything I've cherished
That these walls should glow with beauty
Spurred my lagging soul to duty
That there should be gladness here
Kept me toiling, year by year . . .
Every thought and every act
Were to keep this home intact.

1 comments:

Gram said...

Loved the poem by Edgar Guest. Yes, you do love your home and you take great care of it. Organizing that storage room was a nightmare. That should have made you feel really great getting it all organized again.