Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday



Today I went cross-country skiing at Sundance for the last time this season. (they're closing on Sunday) It was a beautiful sunny day and with 8 new inches of snow it wasn't icy or mushy as spring skiing often is. In honor of it being Good Friday I listened to my SOS (Songs of the Spirit) instrumental playlist. It was wonderful being in the beauty of nature and listening to hymns of the gospel. I love that when I listen to instrumental versions, the words of the hymn come more powerfully to my heart.








In the late afternoon, my dear husband and I headed for Logan to attend the wedding reception of one of our dear sister missionaries, Ann Mason. We were so warmly greeted by Sister Mason and her family; it was definitely worth the drive.

On the way home we stopped in Layton to visit the Hammer family. Again, we were warmly greeted and loved spending time holding our new little Myla Jae and visiting with Mary, Logan, Ayden and Sophie.

It truly was a Good Friday, because all of the above would not have been possible with the loving sacrifice of our Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son. They created the beautiful earth, the Plan of Redemption, the gospel and Church, all out of love for me. And all the rich relationships I share in are meaningful because of His plan.

It's all good.

1 comments:

Richard said...

It was a Good Friday, being with you.