Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day 2010






The day before Mother's Day Rich and I went over to Springville to take flowers to Nanna's grave. I found the pinwheel about a month ago and since Nanna always loved them I just had to get one for her grave.


The Hammer family gave me this great blue and white plate. It was so fun to hear about how Ayden saw it and said they "must get it for Nana because it's blue and white - her favorite!"

I had a lovely day with other gifts from my kiddies: a Deseret Book giftcard from Michael, (which I used today) a great book of devotionals from "time out for women" from Jenny and Trevor, Todd and Michelle gave me a cricut cartridge, Brian a beautiful card and Laura a lovely email. I'm grateful that I also got to spend time with my own Mom and we had a yummy family dinner - my favorite: Cafe Rio bar. (I did make it myself, but it was yummy nonetheless)

Also, even though I'm not his mother, Rich gave me a periwinkle (my signature color) denim jacket and my favorite candle: Aloha Orchid from Anthropologie. And he even made the trip with me to the Gateway to get the gifts!

3 comments:

Gram said...

I thought that was a new plate, but I didn't say anything about it. Ayden knows his Nana.

Richard said...

Thanks for NOT being my mother, but for being the wonderful mother of my children!

jenny said...

Hope you had a great day, Mom. You deserve it. Thanks for being a wonderful mother to me!