Thursday, May 13, 2010

Three Reasons For My Blog Absence



I was complaining last month at book club that I've kind of had to force myself to read the most recent books. They were good books and I learned a lot. But I missed just being drawn into a book that I couldn't put down. Well, in the last week I've read these three books and been completely consumed. It's always a delicious treat to be sucked into a story, and yet frustrating because there's some guilt for ignoring every other thing and person in your life.

6 comments:

Marissa said...

I love, love, love Hunger Games and Catching Fire! They are addictive.

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh how I love Hunger Games and Catching Fire too! I feel the same as you though, I love to read but I get sucked in too easily and then ignore everything else!

Nicole said...

I am not a very good reader. I dont usually find something that really interests me. I am about to start the 2 book to Hunger Games. I loved Hunger Games and The Help as well.

Richard said...

I like Katniss Everdeen!

Gram said...

How nice to be completely sucked into a book. I remember how great that felt. I haven't read anything recently that did that for me. Don't feel guilty - enjoy the one week you took for yourself.

Jeanette Cox said...

I love to read but haven't found a really good book since reading "The Last Song" so I will get them and read them. Thanks.