Friday, August 20, 2010

Julie and me


the cover of Julie's latest CD


Tonight Rich and I went to the Julie de Azevedo free concert in front of the Deseret Book at University Mall. I have been a long-time fan of Julie's music. In fact, I recently wrote a blog post about her. The concert was wonderful; I loved seeing Julie perform her songs, songs that I am so familiar with and know every word of. After the concert they said that she would be signing CDs in the store and Rich encouraged me to go in and talk to her and buy a CD, even though I already have all of her CDs - but not a signed one! I was the first person in line and I was so excited to talk to her. I told her:

~ that I told my husband the name of each song before she performed it
~ that I wrote a blog post in response to one of her posts - and she remembered reading it!
~ that I gave the words of "Masterpiece" on a laminated card to all our missionaries as my first act on our mission
~ that her music touches my soul and is so meaningful to me

She was genuinely happy for my comments and even took a picture of us together - which she will post and then I can add it to my blog!

It was such a thrill to meet and connect with someone whose music I have loved for so many years. Thanks, Julie!


Julie signed her CD for me!



Rich wrote his own post on this evening here.
Note: Michael has my camera in Cancun, so I just have iphone pics

4 comments:

Richard B said...

That is really exciting to do what you did. I'm happy for you. Way to go daughter.

jenny said...

How cool, Mom! What a cool experience.

SEE YOU SOON! :)

Shari said...

You gave a wonderful talk today. You always seem to find a lesson in living each day. You and Julie should collaborate!

Gram said...

I am so happy for you, Janet. I know you have loved her music for such a long time. Cute photos, too.