Friday, August 13, 2010

New Truck and Ward Campout

Rich has been wanting a pickup truck just to have as an extra car so we recently bought this cute little number:


Friday night was the first annual Heatheridge 9th Ward Family Campout. The only member of my family I could get to go with me was Annie! (Rich was coming home from Brazil and Michael was on his way to Mexico, and the Buchanans are on their trip to Oregon) So I packed up the red truck and Annie and I headed to Blackhawk campground in Payson canyon. We had a lovely time. We sat around the campfire and had s'mores. We stargazed with the Atkin's telescope. Annie and I slept in the back of the truck under the stars. There was a meteor shower that night so every time I woke up and rolled over I'd look at the sky and see some falling stars. It was awesome! When I headed home I saw the sign that said it was 14 miles to either Payson or Nephi so I decided to complete the Mount Nebo Scenic Loop. It was a beautiful ride. I was truly happy in my red truck, with my dog, the windows down, music playing on the CD and beautiful vistas out the window!


View outlook of Utah Lake with Timpanogos in the background


Utah Lake view with Annie sniffing a rock

Mount Nebo

Note: these pictures were taken with my iphone, and the red cliphanger was in the viewfinder ~ darn!

2 comments:

Richard B said...

What a great adventure! Glad you enjoyed it all with Annie.

Gram said...

I am happy you enjoyed that short camping trip with Annie and your new red truck.