Saturday, September 25, 2010

Annie




Yesterday Heather and I took a 5 mile walk in the canyon. It was beautiful, but I don't think the fall colors are at their peak yet.

As we were finishing two schoolbus loads of disabled children joined us on the trail; I think they were going to see Bridal Veil falls. The children were so interested in Annie, so I stopped and she let them pet her. It was so fun to see how much Annie brightened their day and how happy they were to interact with her. It made me think I should get her into "animal therapy," so she could fulfill the measure of her creation making people happy.

Usually when we walk on the canal road she gets into the water and comes home muddy. As soon as we arrive home I say "bath" and she hops right into the tub to get rinsed off. Yesterday she wasn't really dirty, so I didn't say anything to her when we came in the house and went on with my business. About 20 minutes later I walked past the bathroom and saw this:


She was just in there waiting for me. She's is really such an amazing and good dog. She loves having Jenny here because Jenny usually takes her on a second walk or run every day.

Is it a sign that I'm an empty-nester because I'm posting about my dog?!?

1 comments:

Gram said...

Cute story of Annie and I loved the pictures of the hike. I am sorry we missed Chuseok.