Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom and a Craft

Today is my Mom's 73rd birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom! What a great mother I have; such an example of putting her family first and loving gospel service throughout her life.


Mom with Abby

I wasn't sure what to give her for her birthday, but Monday morning I went to Hobby Lobby with my friend and soon-to-be-mother-of-the-bride, Judy Richards and I remembered a craft idea that I had been wanting to try. I got the frames and made these "ask" signs with scrapbook paper and embellishments. I like how the word ASK is spelled out and goes along with the scripture in Matthew 7:7

Ask and ye shall be given
Seek and ye shall find
Knock and it shall be opened unto you




for my Mom for her birthday, I also got her a letter "P" like the new "J" in my office, but I spray painted mine white and hers matches her frame.

I made this one for my friend, Clyda for her birthday which was Tuesday
(I hope she doesn't look at my blog before tomorrow when I give it to her :)


I made this one for me to match the staroom




It's all good!

2 comments:

Devri said...

I seriously love your crafts! So cute! The ASK sign is so creative and cute and a wonderful reminder.

Richard B said...

Thank you Janet for being so thoughtful and kind.