Thursday, October 28, 2010

Church Callings

I got a new church calling last Sunday. I was released as Assistant Primary Activity Day Leader and sustained as Laurel Advisor. I will miss my cute little Primary girls, but as I told them we will still be friends! I am happy to be back in Young Women; it's not a secret that Young Women is my favorite place to serve in the Church. I love my Laurels; they were Beehives when I was YW President.

I was thinking that I should list all the callings I've had, so here's the list I can remember:

Seminary Chorister
Seminary Pianist
Stake Sunday School Secretary (at BYU with Marc Wilson (quarterback) as president)
Visiting Teacher
RS Teacher
RS Counselor
RS Secretary
Homemaking Leader (back in the day)
Ward Newsletter Editor
Sunday Bulletin Editor
Activity Committee Chairman
Wolf Den leader
Primary Counselor
Primary Teacher
Primary Chorister
Primary Pianist
Choir Pianist
YW President
YW Counselor
YW Secretary
YW Camp Director
YW Camp Assistant
YW Camp Cook
Laurel Advisor
Young Single Adult Leader
Mission President Companion
Temple Ordinance Worker

I was a temple ordinance worker in the Seoul Temple in 1985, and just today I was called and set apart as a temple ordinance worker in the Mount Timpanogos Temple - Wednesday mornings at 5 am!

I love serving in the Church!

It's all good

5 comments:

Cami said...

So, you're saying I won't see you working in the temple?! Possibly Brandon though, he goes early Wed. mornings. What a neat and fun thing to do!
And,lucky that you get to be in YW so much! I've always loved it there too!

Richard B said...

Congratulations on your new callings. You will do great at both. That is quite a list of church callings. You have shared your many talents.

Troy said...

Lets see, that's 27 callings with each calling usually lasting 18 months to 2 years with church callings beginning at around age 19. Hmmmmmm, that would make you......39 years of age!

laura said...

I'm so excited for you that you're back in YW. And the temple (bright and EARLY) will be great.

Richard said...

No one is a best Church worker than you, Janet!

Love, rich