Friday, October 15, 2010

Horseback Riding at Sundance


Today I did something I've been wanting to do for awhile: Horseback Riding at Sundance.

During the summer the Sundance Nordic center becomes the Sundance Stables, so they take horse rides on the same trails that I ski in the winter. Of course, fall is the perfect time to do this and see all the leaves changed. It was a delightful ride; my horse, Beau, was a perfect gentleman and it was everything I hoped it would be.



The colors just don't show up in a picture as vibrant as they are in real life, especially when using my iphone to take the pictures.


The yurt on the right is the same one they use for the Nordic center in the winter. Here's the corral with the horses.


My ride, Beau


Heather was just in front of me on her ride, Harry



That is one seriously blue sky!


It's the same pine tree in both of these pictures, one in the fall and one in the winter



I have to admit that after an hour in the saddle my knees and backside were ready to not be on a horse any more!

It's all good!

4 comments:

Richard B said...

Glad you got to enjoy a horseback ride along your Nordic ski trail. It was a great day to be outside in the beauty of the earth.

Barbara Jackson said...

That is so funny because yesterday after we hiked to Stewart's Falls, we stopped at Sundance. While there I asked the worker where the Nordic Center was.........You are always doing something fun!!! You inspire us all to get out and do something different!! I'm glad you are my friend.

jenny said...

How fun! The leaves look beautiful.

Gram said...

Loved the photos Janet. I was happy you were able to engage in a different sport in the same area that you loved spending time in during the winter. I like to read about what the family is doing so that I can live vicariously through your hikes, skiing, horseback riding, cruises, trips to Disneyland and Vegas and all the other things the Rife's and Parsons' accomplish with their families. I need to include the Hindmarshes also but I don't hear much about their outings.