Saturday, October 9, 2010

Relief Society Retreat


We had a Relief Society Retreat last night at the Bringhurst's cabin in Fairview Canyon ~ very close to one of my favorite places on earth: Camp MiaShalom. I loved being able to hike to Lone Pine and view the beautiful fall colors, and see the night sky away from the city lights ~ two of my favorite activities. Along with visiting with my sisters, eating yummy food, and knitting up some newborn baby beanies for humanitarian services ~ a lovely 24 hours away from home!


on our way to Lone Pine ~ check out those awesome clouds!


Camp Shalom in Autumn splendor

Marie, AnnaRae and Taryn at Lone Pine

AnnaRae and I have hiked to Lone Pine together twice in 2010!

I recently got the pattern for these darling little newborn beanies from Humanitarian Services and I knitted the four on the right, AnnaRae crocheted the one on the left. I forgot how much I enjoy knitting and it feels good to create something that is useful.


I love to imagine these little hats on a little baby head!

I learned to knit from a German woman in Rancho Cordova, California when I was in sixth grade. She gave free knitting lessons to anyone who wanted to learn. At the time it was hard because she didn't allow us to talk while we were knitting at the lessons and we had to complete our projects during the week before our next lesson. I'm so grateful now that I know how to knit. I prefer it to crocheting; I like the rhythm.



8 comments:

Gram said...

I am happy you got to go to the RS retreat. It definitely looked like it was colder there than here. Lone Pine is really lonely. I am happy you get to do these kinds of things since you love the outdoors so well.

The hats are darling. I need to learn how to do something like that.

Jeanette Cox said...

How fun, I love to crocheting. I just learned to knit this last winter and I really enjoyed it. I might have to get your pattern for the beanies. My Sister lives in Fairview.

Lynette Borup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynette Borup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynette Borup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynette Borup said...

I didn't know you lived in Rancho Cordova. I grew up in Carmichael. What years were you were?

Richard said...

Great photos! Glad you got to go to your favorite spot one more time this year! Good job with the knitting, too.

Gerb said...

MIA Shalom! I am going to miss it this year. Beautiful clouds, beautiful hills, beautiful little hats.

Sounds like a fun retreat!