Monday, January 17, 2011

Old Dining Room




When we moved into our home 22 years ago I was so happy that there was a formal dining room and even more excited to purchase the dining room set of my dreams. I had always loved these oak chairs and was so thrilled to have them in my home.



Fast forward 21 years when my husband (who has never had an opinion before) declares that he really doesn't care for our dining room set and would like something more substantial and sturdy. Even though I was thrilled at the thought of purchasing new furniture, I was a little sad that it was time to bid a fond farewell to the dining set of my dreams.

Saturday we bought a new dining room set and it is substantial and sturdy and beautiful and will be a wonderful addition to our home for years to come. In typical furniture buying experience the table will be here tomorrow and the chairs not until the end of the month.

I will post pictures when it's all here and I've had a chance to make some decorating/curtain changes to blend with the new furniture.

2 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I'm excited to see the new table! And I love that Mike is with Laura in NYC!

Richard B said...

Thank you Janet for all you do for everyone and being a great mother, wife and daughter. You're the best!