Monday, January 17, 2011

Oldest and Youngest


My oldest and youngest children are spending a week together. Michael is in New York with Laura's family this week. They are thirteen and a half years apart; I love how once you become an adult, age doesn't really matter any more. Laura is expecting Baby Sister in March, the same month that Michael will enter the MTC, so she can't come for his farewell. So they are having this week together to bond and make memories before Michael leaves for two years.

Connor, Abby and Andrew are loving having Uncle Michael at their house to play with. The whole family took Michael into the city on Saturday and then Alan took the kids home so that Laura and Michael could go to the Manhattan Temple together. I just love that my oldest and youngest were in the temple together.

And they took this awesome picture of them in front of my favorite: St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City!

2 comments:

Richard said...

I'm so glad Laura and Michael can be together before he goes on his way to Korea on his mission. How great!

Gram said...

I loved reading Laura's blog yesterday telling me about all the things they have done with Michael and posting the photos. It is nice he gets to be there for a week. The three kids will remember Michael while he is gone. It will just be baby sister that he'll have to get acquainted with.

I am happy you are getting a new dining room set and feel that you will love it just as much as the old one once it is there and in your beautiful home.