Thursday, February 3, 2011

Temple and Scriptures


I love working in the temple!

I've even learned to stay up all day after my 3:45 am alarm and I don't have to have a nap. One thing that is hard is when I have an assignment where I am standing or sitting in one place for 30 minutes. It's very hard not to be bored and fall asleep. But I hit upon an idea yesterday ~ if I engage my mind in something it's easier to stay awake. Yesterday I tried remembering the Articles of Faith which, of course, I memorized as a child. It was fun trying to remember them and then when I was at a station where I could use the scriptures, I could look and see how well I did. (I'm good on 1-4 and 11-13, however 5-10, not so much, but better now for trying)

So I got to thinking it would be good to memorize scriptures. I thought it would be cool if they made little cards with the seminary scripture mastery scriptures ~ and they do! Just $.50 each for the 25 scriptures from each book at the distribution center. So now I'm excited to spend my sitting/standing time at the temple memorizing the scriptures!


sometimes a picture just WON'T rotate!

3 comments:

jenny said...

You are amazing! I wouldn't think to do that. Always trying to learn - you are awesome!

Gram said...

I think that is so commendable. Besides those things you memorize now will remain with you. Great idea for when you get sleepy standing or sitting for 30 minutes.

Jeanette Cox said...

Wow! Janet your are one amazing women. Keep us informed of your progress.