Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ideas from Laura

Every time I visit Laura I get some ideas of things I want to do at my house. One time I read a book she had and reorganized all my scrapbooking stuff.

This time I got three great ideas:

1. I copied her and got this poster.



Here's this history according to Wikipedia:

Keep Calm and Carry On was a poster produced by the British Government in 1939 during the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public under the threat of impending invasion. It was little known and never used. The poster was rediscovered in 2000 and has been re-issued by a number of private sector companies, and used as the decorative theme for a range of other products. There are only two known surviving examples of the poster outside of government archives.

I love this sentiment. "Keep Calm" reminds me of "Be still" and is always good advice. And "Carry On" is as Laura put it, just keep enduring and do it well.

Of course, hanging this post meant that I had to change my walls around a bit. But that's always a good thing.



2. Laura reminded my of how her friend, Gabby Blair, of DesignMom fame arranges her books in rainbow order. So I took all the books off my shelf, which had been arranged sort of by genre, and put them in the spectrum. I love it!


The rainbow starts on the left and goes across the top shelf and down across the next shelf to the left. I love how the heights kind of make a rainbow shape! There's a section of brown and black on the third shelf on the right and then all the white books are on the bottom left. The third shelf on the right is my journals tied in ribbons by year. The bottom right is magazines and miscellaneous.

3. Andrew's clothes are under his bed in wheeled boxes that roll easily. I had some things under my bed that were not as well organized as I would like. So I bought a couple of the wheeled underbed boxes and got organized.

Thanks, Laura!

it's all good!

0 comments: