Monday, April 11, 2011

One Last Day of Skiing

I didn't ski once in March; but it was for good cause: a precious and perfect new granddaughter and my missionary son. Family always trumps skiing, just barely. We've been getting a lot of snow lately and so even though Sundance has closed for the season, Kathy and I decided to go to Solitude for one last ski. It was a beautiful, sunshiney day and the snow wasn't too icy. It's over an hour drive to get there, but even that was beautiful. I'm thankful to get one more ski in and then it's 8 more months before I can go again. :(


the Solitude trails go through the trees, which is lovely



the blue sky is equally gorgeous in big cottonwood canyon


I had hoped to capture the snow that was falling from the trees in this photo, but sadly it doesn't show up, but it was exquisite!

1:38 min/3.48 miles


it's all good!

1 comments:

Gram said...

I am glad you got to go skiing one last time. Beautiful photos of the outdoors as well. Your skiing this winter was cut short so it was nice you had a trip up there.