Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Sabbath!

Elder Bennion and his cousins serenading me

Today was indeed a happy Sabbath for me! Here's why:

#1. I was fasting today for many things:
~a cure for ALS
~a job for Brian
~a move to Utah for Laura and Alan

#2. I got to go to Church; I love Church! I love it when I have to pull out my journal because someone in Testimony Meeting or Sunday School says something profound that I need to write down! It happened twice today.

#3. The Hammers came down to visit for Sunday dinner and Ayden and Sophie shared their parts on the Primary program for next week. Sophie's made me cry: "Jesus Christ created the earth for me. One thing that Jesus created that is important to me is my Nana."

#4. When we got home from Church, Nate Bennion, one of our great missionaries, stopped by bringing his cousins with him to serenade us for 45 minutes. They sang two beautiful songs they brought and then sang my favorite hymns. It was so amazing, they all have such great voices!

#5. Another of our great missionaries, Chad Crosby, came over and brought a gift of essential oils for me. He read the scripture in Alma 46:40-41 about the herbs that were used to heal the people. It was such a generous gift!

#6. My sweet visiting teacher, Melanie Nickle, brought me a supersoft blanket to take to the cabin this week. She's always taking good care of me!

#7. Laura and Alan and the kiddies in New York "facetimed" us to tell us that they are moving to Utah in December! It will be so wonderful to have them here! What a delightful surprise! I call that getting an answer to fasting and prayer.

It has indeed been a Happy Sabbath! There have been lots of tears of joy and happiness. I feel so overwhelmed with the sweet love of family and friends and missionaries to me. I am so blessed!

It's all good!


6 comments:

jenny said...

It really was a great day. You are well deserving of the love of so many wonderful people.

Karrissa Winward said...

What a great Sunday! I am so excited about the Buchanans moving, what great news!

Fran Kieffer said...

What a beautiful day for a lovely lady. Your blog is so fun to read and your family is wonderful. You can see the love and regard that you have for each other. An eternal blessing ~

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Wow what a great Sunday indeed!!! :-)

Troy said...

Janet I was thinking all last week about coming down and serenading you. Now it's ruined. It was going to be a suprise and a once in a life time event for both you and me. Maybe I'll just send you the 8-track tape instead. I'm glad you had a wonderful Sabbath. I'm also glad you raised such a wonderful daughter for my little boy, thanks!

Gram said...

I loved reading your post on "the Sabbath". I am happy it turned into such a blessing for you. I think Jenny said it best. You are well deserving of the love being shown to you.

It will be nice to have the Buchanans closer.