Saturday, December 31, 2011

Jenny's Gifts


Jenny gave me two gifts that were extra special to me.  We saw this picture of Mount Timpanogos Temple when we were out one day and she bought it for me.



Here's what she wrote on the back:

Dear Mom,

Happy 54th birthday! This picture meant a lot to me when you showed it to me on our annual Beehive Bazaar day at The Porch on Main. When I was nineteen years old, I received my endowments in the Timpanogos temple. You were there every step of the way and made me feel at ease and were so willing to answer my questions. That was a bonding experience as I learned from you and felt comforted by your knowledge, patience, kindness, and experience. I remember feeling so grateful for you that day. The Timpanogos temple is also where you served as an ordinance worker and initiatory coordinator. Throughout your service there I attended the temple many times. I cannot express how much I enjoyed seeing your beautiful, smiling face when I entered the Lord’s house. You set such an example to me of faith, diligence, and love. You never complained about waking up early, giving up your day, or any of the inconveniences that serving may have given. Even when going through a personal trial you didn’t give up on serving in the temple. You taught me so much through your example. Seeing you in the temple each Wednesday morning would brighten my day and fill my soul with immense feelings of love for the incredible mother that I have, you. I hope that every time you look at this picture you think about how much I truly look up to and love you and that you’ll remember that I will do anything for you.

Love,
Jenny  




Her other gift to me was this willow statue, which is entitled "Close to me."  It says "together or apart, always close to me."  I'm so thankful for Jenny and her gifts to me, what a sweet daughter. And those are the flowers that Hillary gave me for my birthday behind.

1 comments:

Gram said...

Jenny is such a sweet daughter! I cried when I read the back of the scripture that night. I didn't realize she gave you the willow tree statue as well. The flowers Hillary gave you looked so nice on the counter the night of your birthday.