Friday, May 11, 2012

Basement Sewage Flood


On Friday afternoon I went downstairs to get some food for the mailcarriers drive.  And I stepped on wet carpet.  I looked in the bathroom and saw sewage all over the floor.  Then I went to the storage room for food and the sewage was coming from the drain in the floor in there, too. Apparently, the sewage drain pipe was clogged from our house and sewage was coming up through the drains and toilet. The first step was to solve the problem with the pipe. It was Rich's temple night, so he called my parents and they came right over and Keith and Trevor came, too.  They made calls for me and got a plumber here and went through the pipe with a camera and they discovered a crack in the pipe that was causing the clog.  The insurance doesn't cover the pipe after it leaves your house. So that little problem cost $4375.  Fortunately, the basement is covered but only to $10,000.  




  the big hole in the front yard



scenes from the basement






3 comments:

Richard B said...

Well documented Janet. USAA might like the pictures. Sorry you had to have this experience on top of everything else. Love and stuff....

Gram said...

As Rich said, "You did not need this", However we often get things we don't need. I was happy we could come and at least be voice for you. Dad is good at that and so is Keith. I just hope it all turns out well in the end.

Rich is right, maybe USAA would want the photos.

Unknown said...

Whoa! Imagine how a cracked pipe can lead to serious problems such as water and structural damage. Your experience will definitely serve as a lesson for me to check our pipes and drainage regularly. Thanks for posting, Janet!

Tyrone Nold