Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Baked a Cake!





In spite of the fact that I really don't like cooking, I actually baked this Chocolate Pumpkin Cake from the October issue of Country Living magazine (which I bought for my NY trip) and surprisingly it turned out! Every once in a while I catch Rachael Ray on TV and she makes cooking look easy and fun and I get a little inspired to try. It was my turn for the extended family Sunday Dinner; so I made a roast with potatoes and carrots - which always reminds me of Sunday dinner in my childhood. And I decided to try this cake, I liked that it had pumpkin in the chocolate cake, two of my favorite flavors and it looked so Halloweeny and festive. Well, it turned out pretty well and I'm quite proud of myself.

9 comments:

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

It not only looked good, it tasted great too! Thanks again! Now that we know you can bake well I am off the hook for desserts ;).

laura said...

good job, mom. that looks delicious and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The dinner was excellent and the cake was tasty as well as elegant looking. You just need to have confidence in yourself.

Jonn & Judy Claybaugh said...

I don't know how to change it from Jonn responding, but this is Judy, NOT Jonn. Next blog entry, would 'cha share the recipe. thanks, yum yum!!

Anonymous said...

you owned that cake mom! way to go...this is jenny

Abi said...

You weren't kidding when you said it was a great cake! You did an excellent job! Cheers Janet. (I always seem to want to call you Nanajan. I know you aren't my nana, but it just is fitting!)

Laura H said...

I eyed that cake in the magazine too. I was too chicken to try and bake it. Maybe I'll have to give it a try now.

WIKKY said...

Man... does that look good or what? You are awesome!