Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tagged!

Even though I've only been a blogger for 11 days, my brother mention in his blog after being "tagged" by his daughter that he was "tagging" anyone who read his blog so here I go with eight weird habits/things about me:

1. Everyday when I write in my journal I start with the date, written genealogy style: 9 Oct 2007, then I draw a box around it and color in the box according to what day it is:
Monday: Green for Go - it's always a busy get-going day
Tuesday: Blue because it's my favorite day and blue is my favorite color
Wednesday: Purple because it comes after blue in rainbow order
Thursday: Pink (same reason as purple)
Friday: Red because it's a happy - end of the week - day and I might get a date "put a red dress on"
Saturday: Orange (same reason as purple)
Sunday: Yellow because it's the Sabbath - a "Light" day
2. I like to write! Literally to write with a pen or pencil. My Mom says when I first learned to write I used up reams of paper. Now I just write words on my leg with my finger (weird, I know) just whatever words come into my head or I hear in the conversation. So if you see my finger moving, I'm writing words.
3. Whenever I'm listening to music, but especially sing hymns in church, I "conduct" the music with my toe.
4. I can only clean house seriously in my pajamas or exercise clothes, once I've showered for the day, I just don't want to do housework. So if you come by my house in the afternoon and I'm still in my pjs or walking clothes, you'll know that my house is really clean!
5. I make lists, I love lists, I think it's because once I've written something down then it's not in my head anymore and I can think about something else.
6. When I'm eating a full plate of food I take bites of each food so that always have the same ratio of the different foods on my plate, except if there's something I don't really like, then I eat it all first to be done with it.
7. I really like to make beds and do the ironing, I like making something go from disorder to order, contrary to the laws of nature.
8. I'd rather clean than cook; I've ruined more than one meal because I start cooking and then get sidetracked by laundry or some other "cleaning up" task and burned the food.
After reading Laura's I realized that I had to add one more:
9. I've always had a thing for even numbers, preferring them over odd numbers. For example always leaving the volume on the TV on an even number,etc. But recently I've noticed that the number three is everywhere in the scriptures and life and good design and so THREE is my favorite number, and yes, it is odd. Which has led to my newfound love of multiples of three. For example, I have three sons and three daughters and that makes SIX and three squared is NINE and the number NINE appears in my address, my home phone and my cell phone, so I had to have NINE weird things about me!

I'm tagging Laura, Mary, Jenny & Erica, and G & G. Let's hear what's weird about you!

3 comments:

Keith Parsons said...

You and your daughters and this 'color' thang! I don't get how colors have any meaning whatsoever. Sounds like Astrology.

Numbers too... I didn't know you were so 'messed up' in the head ;-) Odd, even... weird.

But I *do* enjoy your propensity for list making - the freedom in the head whenever you write something on a list... very helpful in clearing my mind.

Then later you know just what to do. And of course the 'crossing off' part is pretty good too.

Mary said...

Mom- this is my apology for not doing my tagged post! I have been thinking about it, but life is crazy right now, as you can assume! I'm here safe in NY and ready to party! Thanks to you and dad for making this possible, I love you guys!

WIKKY said...

I love your blog background. Where did you find it? Let me know....