Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wife of One



As mentioned in my profile, I am the wife of one. Richard Carlos Rife, to be exact. It is difficult to put into words my deep feelings about my husband. I fell in love with him because he is kind and understanding and truly cares about my happiness, and these are all the same reasons that "I love him more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow." Over the past 31 years (this November 19th) we have had so many happy and joyful times, and the difficult times really have been few and far between. He is a wonderful and generous provider. He's happy and cheerful and loves to make me laugh, which unfortunately for him has gotten harder through the years as I've become a more difficult audience. He has a gift with words, both written and spoken. I love to listen to him give a talk or read something he has written; it is always profound and elegantly worded. It is true that opposites attract: we don't really like the same food, the same movies or music, the same leisure time activities, but in the things that really matter we're on the same page. We love God and our family and want to follow Jesus. It is such a joy to share this adventure called life with a truly great man. I love you, Rich!

7 comments:

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura said...

he really is a great man and you're a great woman. thanks for being my amazing parents. love you.

Anonymous said...

That was a very nice tribute to Rich. We think he is also very good. I really like his talks and his writing as well. However, we think you are pretty terrific, too.

Abi said...

What a sweet tribute to your spouse. What a great wife he has!!

Chelle said...

This tribute was very tender. We are approaching our 13th anniversary soon (the flip of your 31!) I hope to be able to say the same wonderful things that you have when we hit year 31! Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

That was beautiful Mom. I love to hear people declare their love for their spouse. You guys are such a great example to us. Its true, I always think about how lucky I am to have parents that love each other so much. I've always thought that.

Kim said...

Thanks for showing us that love doesn't die! I love to see couples who have been through kids, job, schools, etc. and are still in love! Thanks for working hard on your marriage and giving us 'young moms' lots of hope for continued happiness with are husband.
ps...you didn't mention that Rich is hysterical!