Monday, March 31, 2008

March Went Out Like a Lion!








Oh, am I happy about that title! I really thought my skiing days were over for this season and then I woke up Sunday morning to the beautiful sight of snow. Fortunately, my Monday morning was free and I headed for the trails. I had my best ski ever: over two hours and 6 1/2 miles! I cannot describe the joy I felt being in the beauty of the winter landscape: fresh snow, freshly groomed trails, snow on the aspens and pines, the azure blue of the sky with just a few clouds. Every once in a while the wind would blow the snow off the trees in big beautiful flakes onto my face. I was overwhelmed with gratitude to my Creator for the amazing beauty and the great blessing of being in it! Is it a bit weird to be grinning and laugh out loud with joy when you're all by yourself? Maybe weird, but also pretty wonderful.

2 comments:

Richard B said...

Thanks for sharing your Monday ski trip. I'm thrilled that you enjoy skiing and appreciate the beautiful earth that we have. It certainly is beautiful, except driving across southeast Utah, but then that has it's beauty as well.

Gram said...

I wondered if you were out skiing Monday morning. I guess I should know when there is fresh powder we'll know where you are. Great - wish I was capable of joining you so enjoy it for the both of us.