Tuesday, April 1, 2008

JPR Design

I have big news to post today. Those of you who know me well know that I love interior design. It is a talent of mine and a passion of mine.

As I have been raising my children, interior design has been a hobby. Well, it is about to go from a hobby to a career! I am happy to announce that Rich and I are launching a new business called JPR Design, with a focus on design for custom homes. In order to give JPR Design our best combined effort, Rich has resigned from his job and will manage the business, leaving me free to focus on the creative side. To provide initial funding for the business, we have sold our home and have purchased a smaller home in Springville, Utah, Rich’s hometown. (I hope Michael won’t mind being a Springville Red Devil basketball player!)

On a personal note, I’m so grateful for Rich’s willingness to make changes in his life to further my lifelong dream—even to the point of giving up his calling as bishop of our ward.

We are currently negotiating for office space in Provo. There will be more details later. But I can’t tell you how excited I am about this new adventure!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great April Fool's, Rich! Now I know why you wanted to know how to post on my blog. You're great!

Keith Parsons said...

Leave it to Rich to do a great April Fools joke. Thanks for the humor this morning!

laura said...

Didn't get me!

jenny said...

OH MY LANTA! I was really scared for a minute--haha! You trixters!

WIKKY said...

I have the April Fool's King at my house and I still totally fell for it! I was sooo close to calling Mary. Good one.

Cami said...

I was just about to pick up the phone to call my mom, then I remembered what day it was! We love Rich and his humor!

Gram said...

I got through the first couple of lines before realizing it was one of those great April Fool's jokes Rich loves to play.I just said "No way,It wouldn't happen." Great one!

Richard B said...

Way to go Rich. I asked Janet this past weekend what Rich had done lately for April Fool's. She said it had been quiet for a couple years, but you did it this year with vigor. It sounds like a good idea, so why not go for it.

Mary said...

Didn't get me either! very funny though!

jenny said...

TIME FOR A NEW POST MOTHER!