Friday, June 20, 2008

YCL Retreat

Yesterday from 3:30 pm to 12:30 am we had our YCL (Youth Camp Leader) Retreat to prepare for YW Camp. It was SO fun! We went to the Nickle's cabin east of Heber, ate pizza and other yummy junk food, rode four-wheelers, and cut, taped, glued, sewed and laminated in preparation for camp. We also had fun making up silly and wonderful cheers for our ward.





My favorite flower: forget-me-nots. The ones in my yard have already bloomed and gone to seed, but up at higher elevation, they're still blooming. I took this picture with my phone, so it could be my background. One of the reasons I love forget-me-nots is because I was taught that they remind us of the Savior: forget-me-not = Always Remember Him





Beautiful sunset from the cabin balcony




One of our activities was taking the Color Code personality test. The girls asked to do it and it was so fun to get to know each other and now I can understand my Laurels better!

I really like learning about people's "color personality," it helps me to "get" them and have more realistic expectations. I was reminded last night about the description of my personality from the book:

"The most difficult color combination within one individual is the mixture of Red and Blue. If you are strong in both categories, you will often find yourself stepping on someone's toes to get a task completed (Red), but feeling guilty afterward for making that person unhappy (Blue). "

OR
as I like to put it:
"I like to kick butt, but feel guilty taking names."

3 comments:

jenny said...

That sounds like a BLAST, Mom! That is SUCH a sweet activities for you guys to get totally psyched for camp. And that does sound EXACTLY like you-WE LOVE YA!

Richard B said...

Like father like daughter. I too enjoy knowing what color people are. Sounds like you would be a great "First Sergeant" with that kick butt and take names attitude. How would things get done without folks like us!!??

Gram said...

Sounds like you had a great time at YLC and got lots of work done, too. I guess I need to take the color code again just to read it and reassure myself. Yes, you and your Dad are very much alike. He likes to "kick butt", too.