Monday, July 14, 2008

Pack, Peddle, Paddle









The "preachers" (teachers and priests) from our ward had a great adventure last week: Pack, Peddle, Paddle. They backpacked for three days in the Uintas, then took a 40-mile bike ride, followed by a day on the river in rafts and canoes. Michael was a participant in this event and I got to drive some of the boys and their packs in Michael's truck to the trailhead: 2 1/2 hours to Roosevelt, 1/2 hour east and then 1 hour on a dirt road going 25 mph. After dropping them off I turned around and made the trip home - an eight-hour round trip! It was fun to see them head off into the mountains with their packs.

Much better than the last time I was at this trailhead: 12 years ago I dropped Brian off there with the Scouts to hike King's Peak. It was pouring rain and I was leaving my first son on his first backpacking trip and everything he owned was wet. I cried most of the way home.

4 comments:

Richard B said...

Hey Janet, you are getting very good at posting interesting family events. Way to go girl!!

laura said...

I have a crush on Michael. Seriously. That is one very very handsome 16 year old boy!

Gram said...

I am happy you were able to make the 8 hr. drive safely and that Michael also returned safely from that long adventure. Wow! just to be able to do that.

Kim said...

Good update J. What a fun girls trip. Jenny is so pretty. I can't believe she's getting married. And, Ummm, Yea, I have a crush on Michael too!