Friday, August 1, 2008

Young Women Camp

Our 9th Ward " SONfollowers"

July 15 - 19 was our ward's Young Women Camp. Have I mentioned that I LOVE Young Women Camp? Well, I do. I love everything about it, I love planning and preparing, including cutting, laminating and making cutesy things to give the girls. I love being in nature and being with my young women with no distractions (ipods, cell phones, tv, etc) This year was really great; fun and spiritual and everyone got along and had a good time together. And, of course, it is always SO beautiful at Camp Shalom: see above photo of the view from our camp.




Every year our "Fairy Godmother" (aka Karen Bodily) visits us and brings joy and a story to share. This year she brought us balloons to blow up and create pretty hats.



These are the 9th Warders who hiked to Lone Pine.
Julie Shipp, Bobbie Whiteside, Heather Shipp, Kylee Thurman and ME! This is my 10th time hiking to Lone Pine at Camp Shalom. It's kind of a YW Camp ritual for me to go there every year. BTW, it's not really a pine, it's a fir!



The view of Camp Shalom from Lone Pine, including the snowfield in the foreground.





Abbey Rutter and me in our canoe - this is as we were starting out, by the time we finished lake time we were completely drenched thanks to the antics of two lovely Miamaids: Madsion & Ina. There's nothing quite as invigorating as a water fight on the lake!




Madison and Ina





This is the "post-camp" garage mess I got to put away!

1 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I love Camp Shalom!! Our girls camp was last week and because of the little Kylie I wasn't able to go. I love girls camp too!!