Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Dream Come True

Years ago, before I starting keeping a file of decorating ideas, and in fact before I recognized my obsession for blue and white, I saw in a magazine a picture of a red rattan chair with blue/white cushions. I hadn't thought of it for years, but the other night I dreamed of that picture. So I got to looking around my house and realized I had some chairs, not rattan mind you, yet with possibilities. So I purchased spray paint and fabric and voila!





Here are the "before" pictures:



The red rocking chair was just in for a touch-up. And here is the coolest tool for using spray paint, especially for a person with an incapacitated pointer finger:


I recognize that the title of this post is a little over the top, but the inspiration did come in a dream . . .

6 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE those chairs. You can never go wrong with red, in my mind!. And they don't even looked spray painted. What a great decorator. Go Girl!

Gram said...

Hey, those chairs look so good! I like them much better the new way. Way to go Janet.

jenny said...

Mom, good job! Look at you!

Abi said...

Hey Janet those look fabulous! Great JOB!

Mary said...

Wow Mom! Look at you project girl! The chairs look great! What a good idea

Mumsy said...

Oh! They look great. I'm so inspired. I have so many projects like that on my to-do list.