Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gifts


On Labor Day we went to Williams-Sonoma so Jenny could use a gift card she got as a wedding gift. I don't usually frequent that store for a couple of obvious reasons: I don't really like to cook, and everything is a bit on the pricey side. But while browsing there I came across this beautiful bowl - okay, I'll admit it caught my eye first because it was blue and second because it's made of gothic arches! But then I read the fine print and realized it was also quite functional, as a fruit bowl, and it can be heated in the oven and will keep napkin-covered rolls warm on the dinner table. I didn't buy it then, but kept it in the back of my mind. Well, I wasn't the only person who remembered. Last night when my dear husband and I went to Maglebys for dinner and had a 30-minute wait he said, "Let's walk over to Williams-Sonoma and get you that bowl." What a sweetie!

Speaking of gifts, I never posted a picture of this most beautiful Nativity set that my dear husband got me last Christmas. It's so lovely I can't bear to put it away, so we have a bit of Christmas all year long.


I'm one lucky girl to have such a kind and generous husband.

3 comments:

Gram said...

What a beautiful bowl and you have a great husband to not only take you to dinner but to give such a lovely gift that is just you!

jenny said...

How cute, Mom. Dad is such a stud! I love you and I'm glad you got that beautiful bowl:)

Mary said...

Dad! You stole our Christmas idea! Just kidding, I'm sure we can find something else blue! I'm glad you got your bowl!