Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Todd Rusty is 22!

Our fourth child and second son, Todd Rusty Rife, turned 22 yesterday! We had a dinner celebration for him with the family on Sunday so he could enjoy his birthday with his friends.


This is a really lame-looking cake; it is a spice cake with cream cheese frosting (as requested by the birthday boy) and it did taste great even though it doesn't look very pretty.

Things I love about Todd:

~He's so handsome, that blonde hair and blue eyes and what great eyebrows!
~He's a hard worker - this wasn't always so, but he's a good employee at whatever his job is and he's kind to help me with whatever I need.
~He loves animals and small children, the sign of a truly kind and loving person.
~He loves his family and wants to be with us and takes his relationships seriously.
~He's funny and a good story teller - that is if you like long stories . . .
~He's affectionate, he always gives me a hug hello and goodbye and tells me he loves me every time we talk.
~He can fix things - I didn't marry a handyman, but I did grow me a couple and I'm grateful for Todd's skills and willingness to share them with me.

We're so glad you're in our family Toddy, T.Rusty Pink, Mr. Pinkerton!

5 comments:

Gram said...

I loved all your comments about Todd Rusty. He is a sweet young man and I always love How he is solicitous of me and kisses and hug me. I love that boy even though he gave me a scare 22 years ago. I remember well holding him while Debra removed the cord from around his neck. Yea, he was finally here.

jenny said...

Todd is such a sweet boy and I'm so glad we were there to celebrate his day. We love you Toddy!

Lauren Stewart said...

I have to tell you Sean did tell me how much Pres. loved 24. He laughed really hard when I told him about what you said. He loves it so much. You'll have to thank your husband for introducing my husband to it. 2 or 3 or 4 is right! We LOVE it! Your family is beautiful by the way!

laura said...

Todd is great!

I wish I could have been there to help you with his cake! Just kidding. :)

Laura H said...

I forgot all about his Todd Rusty Pink phase. I remember him calling himself that. Hope he had a great day!