Thursday, January 22, 2009

Google Reader and a Pet Peeve

I use and love Google Reader which allows you to see when there is a new post on a blog you follow so you don't have all the annoying bookmark checking.

But . . .

I really don't like it when people set it up on their blogs so that you can only start reading the post and can't finish without going to the actual blog. It's very irritating and frankly, I often just skip the post because I don't want to go to their blog - I just want to read the post. And if I want to comment, then I do go to their blog to comment.

Not that anyone really cares, but if you want me to read your post, please just allow the whole thing to show up on Google Reader.

Thank you very much.

By the way, if you don't know if you're a culprit of this evil practice, go to settings, then site feed, then allow blog feeds and choose: full.

4 comments:

jenny said...

I've never had that happen before, but it does sound annoying! I hope mine doesn't do that...if it does I didn't even know!

Cami said...

That's funny because I have pet peeves like that too, but than started to wonder if I was doing the same thing. But, I checked my blog and I'm good with that one. Although Brandon's does that I've noticed! I don't like that Reader won't show you updates on the private blogs you're invited too.

Karrissa Winward said...

Totally agree!!!! I hate it!

Kim said...

I HATE private blogs too!