Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm 51 years old!

My fifty-first birthday was a wonderful day. Here's what I did:

6:45 am - answered a text from Todd wishing me a Happy Birthday
7:00 am - looked out my bedroom window at a most beautiful sunrising pink sky
7:30 am - sacred grove time
8:00 am - was sung to by Laura, Connor and Abby on the computer camera
8:30 am - went for a walk with Heather and Judy, followed by a yummy french toast breakfast at Kneaders
11: am - went ice skating with Trevor and Jenny at Kim Claybaugh Jonas' house


3:00 pm - ate a yummy sweet pork salad at Cafe Rio with Michael, Jenny and Trevor
4:15 pm - my dear husband took me to see "Seven Pounds," which I found thought-provoking and enjoyed
7:00 pm - just visiting with the family
9:00 pm - New Year's Party at Keith and Jill's with my parents, and extended family complete with games, chocolate fountain, artichoke dip and sparkling cider at midnight.

During the day I enjoyed phone calls, texts and facebook birthday messages as well as receiving gifts from friends throughout the day. I felt very loved and grateful for the wonderful life I have.


And . . .

Brian and Anna got engaged on my birthday!

5 comments:

Gram said...

I tried, but I didn't think of calling you on the cell phone. I was thinking of you all day. It doesn't seem possible that it was 51 years ago we were in Morocco and alone having my first baby. Well, Dad was with me, which was most important, but I didn't have family to talk to or have any help. He didn't see your birth as that was not allowed in those days.

Devri said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! :-)

Congrats to Brian & Anna!

Karrissa Winward said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday and that we could celebrate it with you!

laura said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm so glad your day was great.

Can't wait to see you here in NY!

Marissa said...

Yay for Brian and Anna! Tell them we say congrats.