Saturday, February 7, 2009

Relief Society

I realized that I wrote about being released as Young Women President, and at the end of that post I wrote a teaser about my new calling, but then I never reported back. (I guess all the people who might read my blog already knew anyway)

Well, my new calling is Relief Society Secretary. And I am enjoying it. It is always a joy to serve in a presidency and very blessed to get to serve with Shari and Luana and Clyda. Here's some trivia for you about our presidency:

*All of our names have five letters
*We're all grandmothers
*Three of us have six children and one has fourteen (overachiever!)
*Three of us live on streets named "Heather"
*Two of us are pretty serious about homemade cinnamon rolls and . . .
*Two of us really like Rhodes Anytime cinnamon rolls!
*We all love the gospel and serving in Relief Society

It was a rather busy RS week this week:

We had a presidency meeting to plan our upcoming Leadership meeting

Shari and I cleaned out the RS closet:


We spent three hours redoing the Visiting Teaching routes:


That was after I spent several hours making these "names on magnet strips" for the new board - it took longer than I thought, but the result was good.

I'm grateful for my new calling!

(I have to admit I still miss my YW, but that's likely to be a permanent state)


6 comments:

jenny said...

You did good Mom!

laura said...

I love you, Mom!

Cami said...

I catch myself missing YW all the time. You will do awesome in RS too!

Jill Parsons said...

Good idea for the board!

Laura H said...

That's cool. Mom, you and me are all RS Secretaries.

Gram said...

That was a good post. Who is the over achiever??? Great job, Janet.