Saturday, February 7, 2009

This Week

There have been a couple of focus areas this week:


#1 This handsome boy:

On Monday we spent several hours at government offices completing the name change of Michael Thomas to Michael Lincoln. The birth certificate office and the social security office and we tried the driver license office, but there were like two hundred people in there so we went back early Thursday morning and got the new license, followed by a trip to the school office and now I believe it is official he is MICHAEL LINCOLN RIFE.

We also went shopping for a suit - his first in real men sizes (40 R) so that he could look really handsome to go to Preference with this cute girl: (aka Taryn York)


We also ordered his birthday present (he'll be seventeen in one week) online: a lift kit for his truck - yes, I think it's ridiculous, but I'm just the Mom.

If you want a laugh about the black shirt, check out My Dear Husband's blog

#2 Home projects


I put the trim on the lampshade. I got the garage door opener serviced - it's quiet now! I got the carpet cleaned and decided to adopt a "no shoes in the house" policy to hopefully have it stay clean longer, which led to the purchase and assembly of a couple of shoe shelves. I cleaned the ovens, the dining room floor/chairs, and basically all of the main floor. (Yes, it does seem like I just did this last week, and downstairs is next week's project)

#3 Relief Society
(but that is its own post, to follow, or I guess come first since I'll post it next and that's how this blogging thing works)

and #4
I went to the temple with these two lovely ladies:
If you make this picture bigger (and ignore the giant wrinkles around my eyes) you can see the Angel Moroni on the temple

5 comments:

jenny said...

We had a fun weekend playing with you guys. Thanks for having us!

Barbara Jackson said...

Oh how you inspire me my friend!!!

laura said...

Wow, that Mike is one handsome dude.

Love the lampshade.

Wish I could have gone to the temple with you three.

Mary said...

Michael! What a stud! And invite me next time! I'd love to come to the temple with you lovely ladies!

Gram said...

I like the lamp better with the trim.

Mike and Taryn look good and so did Braden. It is nice they have good friends to go with.

It was nice going to the temple with you and Jenny.