Monday, March 30, 2009

Temple Cleaning


This snowy morning I got to spend four hours cleaning the Mount Timpanogos Temple. It was hard work, but kind of fun considering that I was assigned to the baptistry.


I got to don baptismal clothing and get in the font full of water to clean it. And I got to go underneath with the oxen to mop the floor. Not quite as fun was cleaning the showers and tile grout.

I figure this counts as going to the temple and aerobic exercise - I can check two things off my list!

4 comments:

Barbara Jackson said...

We spent a day at Tulum, ancient ruins in Mexico with Helaman, Our favorite LDS guide. I counted that as my Temple attendance for last week!!!!

Shari said...

Oh my goodness...that is real work! But at least it wasn't real oxen you were cleaning up after! I know there is a fabulous reward for your effort that will count much more than aerobics and temple attendance. And you deserve every ounce of it!

Kim said...

When we signed up to clean the temple, I dreamed of cleaning the celestial room or bride's room. The baptistry would be cool too.
We got to clean the laundry room and worker's locker room!

Gram said...

I am happy you were able to share some of your talents and work ethic in cleaning the font, etc. You have really been busy the last week or so, mostly in painting and cleaning. The Lord appreciates his house cleaned as well.