Friday, July 3, 2009

Hiking #2/09 Pine Hollow


Annie and me on the Pine Hollow trail
It's my goal to take a good hike every Friday ~ or at least every other Friday.

So this week Kathy, her sister, Terry and I went to Pine Hollow. I went on this hike three years ago with the Stake YW for the 4th year backpacking trip. At the time I thought it was beautiful and would be a great day hike ~ without a backpack carrying everything one needs for sleeping in nature! I remembered correctly ~ it was the most beautiful hike I've been on! The trail leads through forest and it's a fairly gentle incline (of 2000 ft) and passes over small streams several times and opens up into a beautiful meadow. Then a short distance further you are in another higher meadow with the most gorgeous view of the back of Timpanogos:



The forget~me~nots were in bloom at the higher elevations. This little flower just makes my heart happy.


Forget~me~nots up close


Forget~me~nots from a distance ~ I love the lacy blueness



A view of wild flowers looking back down American Fork Canyon

Pine hollow

The upper meadow looking southeast

My camera was out of battery so I took these pictures with my iphone.

1 comments:

Gram said...

I am glad you got your hike in yesterday. The photos are lovely. I wish I could do that again. In my dreams I can but in real life I know it isn't possible so I'll enjoy it through you. The Forget-me-knots were beautiful.